- The Winner of the Tablet AND How Much Did We Raise For The ROYAL MARINES CHARITABLE TRUST?
- How hypnotherapy can help with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Duncan’s weight loss and mud run challenge
- Duncan’s Weight Loss Challenge – Part 7 How did I do after 90 days? The results are in
- How to improve the appearance of your skin, what ever your age or skin type
Workshops & Courses
January is well and truly here. The weather is rubbish, Christmas is over, the decorations are back in the loft and the blues are looming in the wings. So how do we, not just survive, but thrive in January? Well here is our top 10 tips for turning January blues into January rock n roll
1. Put some dancing music on and sing and dance like nobody is watching! Nothing will change your mood quicker than some carefully chosen ‘up beat’ music. In fact you could even compile a selection of your favourite tunes especially for ‘down days’.
2. Give yourself a goal! It doesn’t matter what it is but write it down, tell everyone you are going to do it and then work out your plan to achieve it. Why tell everyone? Because you are more likely to achieve if you know everyone is watching and supporting you. If you don’t want to tell anyone else, tell us!
3. Rope in a buddy to join you – it is much more fun training for a Race for Life, Mud Run, or a Marathon if you have a friend by your side and you can keep each other motivated.
4. Watch a funny film or call a friend who always makes you laugh – laughter really is the best medicine. It actually changes the hormones and cells in your body – REALLY!
5. Book yourself a treat (remember we can always help with that one!) Something as simple is a manicure can really lift your spirits.
6. Grab some old magazines and a few friends then spend a couple of hours having fun making a 2014 Vision Board (follow link for more details)
7. Try and do at least one thing a week that is outside of your comfort zone – you will be amazed how great you will feel once you have done it!
8. Do something nice for someone else. Do it for no other reason than you can. It will be worth it, we promise.
9. Try some exercise. If you aren’t already, do something to get your body moving. It doesn’t matter what level of ability you have, there will be something you can do. Exercise releases endorphins – the happy hormone.
10. Find someone to hug. Even if you live alone you can find someone, the cat, your best friend, the neighbour’s cat or even the neighbour (make it clear you are not taking up stalking though 😉 ) The person you want to hug not around? Then picture them in front of you and you giving them a hug in your mind – it works.
Finally, from the Ananda Healing gang – HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2014 be your year.
With everyone glued to the splendour of the Olympics and those amazing athletes, we can only wonder at what it has taken in training, sacrifice and determination to get them there. We strongly suspect that whatever admiration and awe we are watching with now will only increase with the start of the Para Olympics.
We have been lucky enough to look after a number of marathon runners this year at Ananda Healing. We have seen first hand what it takes to drive yourself forward through rain, pain and mental torment – when every fibre of your being is telling you to stop. Athletes seem to be built from stronger stuff than us mere mortals, but are they? Could it just be they have a stronger why? It seems to us that the only thing that separates us is their reason why. Could it be that if you dug deep and found a reason to do something that became so strong it would elevate you to a different league in your chosen area?
Some of you may also be wondering where Ananda Healing fitted into the sports training programme. Well, mainly with massage but also with meditation, hypnotherapy and NLP. Research is now proving the benefits of massage to athletes, with improved cell repair rate, in particular. Meditation – we you know that is our pet subject and everyone should do it! Duncan is also finding a number of sports people in particular are benefiting from the mind training techniques of Hypnotherapy & NLP which is invaluable to them to improve their game – the mind needing as much training as the body!
So you are not a top athlete or even aspiring to be one – how can you benefit from therapies?
Everyone can benefit from massage in particular as it lowers blood pressure, reduces pain (even in chronic conditions such as arthritis), releases “happy” hormones to improve your feelings of mental health and well-being. . As for meditation – again, don’t even get us started – we have a recent client who has just finished her meditation course who says she cannot believe the impact it has had on her life; she feels centred and peaceful for the first time in years! And finally, the hypnotherapy & NLP – maybe your first step to improved health is to give up smoking? Perhaps you don’t want to run a marathon but would just like to get through the day without that fear, phobia or habit controlling you?
If you’re having difficulty in getting your why clear and bright enough to drive you, speak to us about our Vision Boarding & Goal Setting workshop!
We made a promise to ourselves when we started this practice – we would be here to serve and to do what we could to improve life for you. That drive started us out four years ago and it drives us today – THAT IS OUR WHY!
I have to say, our clients are really very generous in their appreciation. We are never short of testimonials for our website and everyone is more than willing to say how well we did, how much better they feel etc. So this got me thinking – when was the last time I said THANK YOU to someone for what they had done for me? In fact, just how much do I take people for granted in my day to day life? You have a think about it now? Did you say thanks to your spouse today? I am pretty sure they did at least one thing today that deserved a THANK YOU! What about your Mum? Mums are always doing things for us but when was the last time you acknowledged this? We all lead increasingly fast paced, pressured lives but just for a few moments STOP! Stop and just think about all the people that deserve a nice big fat THANK YOU! Now all you need to do is make sure you deliver it 🙂
And THANK YOU to you for taking the time to read this. Let me know if it made a difference to your day
When asked what surprised him most about humanity, he answered –
Man, because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he doesn’t enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die and then dies having never really lived
Maybe we should take a few moments today to really think about what is being said here. Can you apply any of this to your own life? Does it resonate with you? And if it does, what can you do about it?
When I saw these words today, I was so grateful to my dad for insisting on our family all learning to meditate. Meditation is the greatest gift and the best way to avoid the trap the Dalai Lama is describing. It allows you to be in the present, and not to be the slave to your thoughts. It gives you peace in an increasingly stressful world. It gives you clarity from all the confusion.
So take those few moments today. Close your eyes, feel your feet on the ground, take a deep breath in and then slowly exhale as if you are pushing the breath down to your feet and into the ground. Do this a few times, whilst concentrating of the breath and nothing else. If thoughts arise, just let them pass and bring the attention back to the breath. Open your eyes and look around you, really see the colours, hear the sounds, feel the air. Then you can say, just for a few moments, you lived in the present today. Feels good doesnt it?
Simply it is a collage you make using photos, magazine cutouts, anything you like that gives you a clear image of what you want from your life, whatever you desire. In other words, it should depict a clear visual focus for where you want your life to be. Once done it should be placed somewhere prominent so that it gives you a constant prompt of the direction you want to travel.
Without focus, it is the human condition, for most of us anyway, to meander though life reacting to what ever happens to us on a daily basis. We may have a vague idea of the job or business we want, the partner we would like, the children, the holiday, the house etc. but without any real, clear vision. A vision board is a fun way to give you that clarity to discover exactly what you want! Brilliant!
What you need and how?
Materials – a board, glue or pins, magazines, photos etc
It is a good idea to set time aside and come to settle before you start. Just sit quietly and focus on your breath for a few moments and then just ask yourself “What do I really want?” and then go for it! Start looking through the magazines and photos to find the ones that best depict your goals and dreams.
If you are getting stuck with how to Vision Board we have recommended a couple of products available at Amazon
We are also currently putting together a Vision Boarding and Goal Setting workshop which will be held soon in our brand new treatment and training room. This will be a great, hands on workshop and you’ll get plenty of chance and guidance on exactly how to discover what you really want, create your vision of the future on the board and how to maintain the focus to actually achieve your goals. As we do at Ananda Healing we’re merging traditional meditation and relaxation techniques with the science and art of neuro linguistic programming, NLP, to give you the very best tools to get to where you want, and deserve, to be! It will be fantastic fun, whilst being a great challenge.
Drop us an email or call us on, 01342 842 098 / 07917 730 944, if you would like to pre-register your interest.
Can I do this with friends?
Yes! Why not through a vision boarding party! Invite some friends, get the cakes out and spend a few hours together. The more enjoyable you make it, the more effective it will be for you. Also simply by sharing your vision of your own future with your friends you’ll make it more real and achievable.
Once you have collect the works and pictures you feel best capture the image of your future you can start arranging them on your board. You may want to discard some at this point. REMEMBER – they need to capture your dream in one. Just keep your intent and focus and ask yourself with each cutting “Is this really what I want?”