- The Winner of the Tablet AND How Much Did We Raise For The ROYAL MARINES CHARITABLE TRUST?
- How hypnotherapy can help with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Duncan’s weight loss and mud run challenge
- Duncan’s Weight Loss Challenge – Part 7 How did I do after 90 days? The results are in
- How to improve the appearance of your skin, what ever your age or skin type
Duncan’s Weight Loss Challenge – Part 2 A week in and feeling great
So here we are, a week into my weight loss challenge using the Body by Vi range of meal replacement shakes. A quick reminder of my goal; I was 15st 10lbs and my goal was to reach 14st 7lbs in 90 days.
The results are looking pretty good, I lost 5lbs in the first week and I can feel my “love handles” shrinking. My trousers are definately looser, and my face has started to lose its chubbiness. As I said before I’m not able to exercise a great deal more than I already do, which isn’t really a lot, due to my old back injury, so the whole weight loss has to focus on my cutting down on the food!
I received some compliments too; people asking if I’d lost weight etc which is always a great way to verify the facts.
Other signs of the weight loss are that I feel more energetic (not less), less tired and able to concentrate more (especially in the afternoon when I used to feel a bit of post-lunch lethargy).
The most amazing part of this all is that I don’t feel hungry during the day so much. The initial couple of days had me feeling starving by the time I got to the evening and rushing to get a good meal inside me when I got home. Now though I’m feeling far better, more able to wait until a more normal time before eating in the evening. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still hungry come the evening but it’s not that all-consuming hunger that cannot wait.
The new habit I’m forming goes something like:
- Breakfast, a Body by Vi shake made with skimmed milk and a banana
- About noon, a piece of fruit (Banana, apple, nectarine or similar)
- Lunch, a Body by Vi shake made with skimmed milk
- About 3 pm, another piece of fruit (Banana, apple, nectarine or similar)
- Dinner (anywhere between 5.30 and 8.00) a home cooked, reasonably healthy meal
The conclusion of the week; It’s working for me, I’m losing weight, feeling better and healthier all the time. Let’s see how much I lose next week, but at this rate I’ll have to create a new, more difficult target because, at this rate, this one will be finished within a month! I’ll check in next week with another update, but if you’re interested in joining me with your own weight loss challenge check out the Body by Vi challenge site.
Duncan’s Weight Loss Challenge history:
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 1: Where and how to start
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 2: A week in and feeling great
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 3: Feeling great after a fortnight
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 4: Why they call it a challenge
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 5: The true cost of my challenge
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 6: It’s not just about the weight
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 7: 90 days results