- The Winner of the Tablet AND How Much Did We Raise For The ROYAL MARINES CHARITABLE TRUST?
- How hypnotherapy can help with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Duncan’s weight loss and mud run challenge
- Duncan’s Weight Loss Challenge – Part 7 How did I do after 90 days? The results are in
- How to improve the appearance of your skin, what ever your age or skin type
Guided Meditation & Its Benefits
Amanda and I often will always recommend that people learn to meditate, and you always have that option at Ananda Healing. But, what if you don’t want to learn to meditate? What if you don’t have the time right now? How can you quickly and easily gain the benefits of meditation (more about those in a bit) without having to go through the process of learning the skills? Guided meditations are an easy way to gain some of the benefits of meditation, the easy path if you like. You get the deep relaxation and the health benefits that brings whilst listening to a Cd (or even an mp3 on your phone, or mp3 player). Now, I’m not suggesting that this is instead of learning to meditate with Amanda (which is a brilliant course, and worth every single penny), but simply that you can get some benefits immediately.
What are the benefits of meditation?
The benefits of meditation are many-fold, such as:
- Reduced Stress and anxiety by an opportunity to spend time by ourselves, without feeling at the beck and call of others.
- Reduced probability of heart disease. There is a growing awareness of the link between our state of mind and physical health. Quite often physical ailments are symptoms of inner turmoil.
- Happiness and Peace of Mind. Is there anybody who does not, in some way, seek after happiness? Meditation takes us to the source of happiness, which is to be found in our own peace of mind.
- Reduced pain for existing injuries and illnesses (I know a great deal about this one, and can definitely vouch for the power of meditation to ease pain).
- Control of your own thoughts. Increased positivity. Have a look at the Happiness Revolution for example.
- Detachment. It’s easy to get caught up by the rush of today’s world and it’s demands on us, detachment helps us to gain perspective.
- Concentration which is essential to fulfill our potential. When we have concentration we can do more in less time.
- Spontaneity and Creativity. Your creativity comes from your unconscious mind, and meditation helps us to access this part of the mind, allowing our creative side to come to the fore.
- Discovering the Purpose of your life. If you feel perfect contentment and happiness then, at the moment, meditation is not necessary, if not then meditation can be of great help. In meditation we gain a new perspective of life, uncoloured by our own egoistic perspective.
Why Guided Meditation rather than a Meditation Course?
Meditation takes time and perseverance, which is where a course comes in. You can’t expect to gain all the above benefits in the first few attempts and without some form of guidance. It takes time and effort to tame the mind. This is where a guided meditation comes in. During guided meditation you will be directed on a journey to deep relaxation, a place of wonderful peace. So you can gain a number of the above benefits without the need for meditation courses or tuition.
Also guided meditation helps to remove external distractions. The use of background music and noise help to block out external noises that otherwise may distract your meditation. In addition it provides a “story” to follow which will engage the mind and draw it gently to the meditative state.
Above all guided meditation allows you to start meditating immediately and helps to remove distractions.
So what’s so special about the Guided Meditations from Ananda Healing?
Each of our meditation tracks:
- is written and recorded by experienced professionals, mainly Amanda, so you receive the benefits of targeted language.
- uses soothing soft background noise to mask external and internal interferences.
- utilises bilateral sounds across all soundtracks to facilitate brain hemisphere synchronisation.
- adds Brainwave Entrainment techniques. Binaural/monaural beats and isochronic tones.
What we have done is to combine ancient meditation techniques with the modern science and the best technology available to deeply relax the mind which will help you to relax easily and effortlessly, and get the most out of your meditation time!
Amanda and I will be organising meditation groups soon, and we hope to see you there!