- The Winner of the Tablet AND How Much Did We Raise For The ROYAL MARINES CHARITABLE TRUST?
- How hypnotherapy can help with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Duncan’s weight loss and mud run challenge
- Duncan’s Weight Loss Challenge – Part 7 How did I do after 90 days? The results are in
- How to improve the appearance of your skin, what ever your age or skin type
A New Year – A New You? Our top 10 tips for beating the winter blues
January is well and truly here. The weather is rubbish, Christmas is over, the decorations are back in the loft and the blues are looming in the wings. So how do we, not just survive, but thrive in January? Well here is our top 10 tips for turning January blues into January rock n roll
1. Put some dancing music on and sing and dance like nobody is watching! Nothing will change your mood quicker than some carefully chosen ‘up beat’ music. In fact you could even compile a selection of your favourite tunes especially for ‘down days’.
2. Give yourself a goal! It doesn’t matter what it is but write it down, tell everyone you are going to do it and then work out your plan to achieve it. Why tell everyone? Because you are more likely to achieve if you know everyone is watching and supporting you. If you don’t want to tell anyone else, tell us!
3. Rope in a buddy to join you – it is much more fun training for a Race for Life, Mud Run, or a Marathon if you have a friend by your side and you can keep each other motivated.
4. Watch a funny film or call a friend who always makes you laugh – laughter really is the best medicine. It actually changes the hormones and cells in your body – REALLY!
5. Book yourself a treat (remember we can always help with that one!) Something as simple is a manicure can really lift your spirits.
6. Grab some old magazines and a few friends then spend a couple of hours having fun making a 2014 Vision Board (follow link for more details)
7. Try and do at least one thing a week that is outside of your comfort zone – you will be amazed how great you will feel once you have done it!
8. Do something nice for someone else. Do it for no other reason than you can. It will be worth it, we promise.
9. Try some exercise. If you aren’t already, do something to get your body moving. It doesn’t matter what level of ability you have, there will be something you can do. Exercise releases endorphins – the happy hormone.
10. Find someone to hug. Even if you live alone you can find someone, the cat, your best friend, the neighbour’s cat or even the neighbour (make it clear you are not taking up stalking though 😉 ) The person you want to hug not around? Then picture them in front of you and you giving them a hug in your mind – it works.
Finally, from the Ananda Healing gang – HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2014 be your year.