- The Winner of the Tablet AND How Much Did We Raise For The ROYAL MARINES CHARITABLE TRUST?
- How hypnotherapy can help with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Duncan’s weight loss and mud run challenge
- Duncan’s Weight Loss Challenge – Part 7 How did I do after 90 days? The results are in
- How to improve the appearance of your skin, what ever your age or skin type
January is well and truly here. The weather is rubbish, Christmas is over, the decorations are back in the loft and the blues are looming in the wings. So how do we, not just survive, but thrive in January? Well here is our top 10 tips for turning January blues into January rock n roll
1. Put some dancing music on and sing and dance like nobody is watching! Nothing will change your mood quicker than some carefully chosen ‘up beat’ music. In fact you could even compile a selection of your favourite tunes especially for ‘down days’.
2. Give yourself a goal! It doesn’t matter what it is but write it down, tell everyone you are going to do it and then work out your plan to achieve it. Why tell everyone? Because you are more likely to achieve if you know everyone is watching and supporting you. If you don’t want to tell anyone else, tell us!
3. Rope in a buddy to join you – it is much more fun training for a Race for Life, Mud Run, or a Marathon if you have a friend by your side and you can keep each other motivated.
4. Watch a funny film or call a friend who always makes you laugh – laughter really is the best medicine. It actually changes the hormones and cells in your body – REALLY!
5. Book yourself a treat (remember we can always help with that one!) Something as simple is a manicure can really lift your spirits.
6. Grab some old magazines and a few friends then spend a couple of hours having fun making a 2014 Vision Board (follow link for more details)
7. Try and do at least one thing a week that is outside of your comfort zone – you will be amazed how great you will feel once you have done it!
8. Do something nice for someone else. Do it for no other reason than you can. It will be worth it, we promise.
9. Try some exercise. If you aren’t already, do something to get your body moving. It doesn’t matter what level of ability you have, there will be something you can do. Exercise releases endorphins – the happy hormone.
10. Find someone to hug. Even if you live alone you can find someone, the cat, your best friend, the neighbour’s cat or even the neighbour (make it clear you are not taking up stalking though 😉 ) The person you want to hug not around? Then picture them in front of you and you giving them a hug in your mind – it works.
Finally, from the Ananda Healing gang – HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2014 be your year.
Duncan’s Weight Loss Challenge – Part 4 Why they call it a challenge
So here we are 4 weeks into my Body By Vi challenge. I know I keep saying about the positive stuff and there is plenty of that, but for a minute I want to chat about getting disheartened with it all. There are times when I have become disheartened, times when it would be easier to just stop and be fatter rather than fitter, times when I start to question whether it’s worth it. Especially when I see friends and loved ones having wonderful food and I need to sit back and have my shake! I think we all have times where we doubt our actions as we change our habits. But then is the right road the easy one or the difficult one? More often than not the right road for us is the difficult one, and this has proved to be the case this last week. I spent some time struggling this week, feeling hungrier during the day and when I got home I was so hungry I just wanted to grab anything I could.
I didn’t completely fall off the wagon though, I made it through another week and weighed in at my usual time. Seeing the results has hardened my resolve, yes it is worth it! Yes, I do want to go through this as I’m feeling far more energetic, slimmer, enthusiastic about life and ready to take on the World. I have now lost approximately 12lbs in the 4 weeks, almost a stone. I’m very much on track to reach my goal, well ahead of schedule. My waistline has shrunk by 2 inches too. Result!
So what am I doing to keep the demons at bay? I’m stepping things up! I’ve signed up to do a 6k mud run in October, and I’ve started cycling from home to Gatwick Airport and back each workday when I’m catching the train (Something I had been doing but had stopped as it was hard on my back). I’ll be starting a training regime to get fit for this mud run, so I don’t embarrass myself totally come October. It’s gonna be tough, but then the best things in life make you stretch your limits!
I’m going to use the mud run as a chance to raise some money for my Scout Group, 1st Burstow, so if you want to sponsor me please feel free to visit my Just Giving page, when I’ve created it!
Duncan’s Weight Loss Challenge history:
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 1: Where and how to start
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 2: A week in and feeling great
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 3: Feeling great after a fortnight
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 4: Why they call it a challenge
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 5: The true cost of my challenge
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 6: It’s not just about the weight
Duncan’s weight loss challenge – Part 7: 90 days results
With more and more research now being done to support the health and well-being benefits of massage, we are delighted to share this blog with you. It has been taken from the Huffington News (we would recommend this online site to anyone interested in all things health & well-being) and each point is supported by research. We hope you find them interesting and some surprising, so here goes –
1. Managing anxiety and depression as it reduces the stress hormone ‘Cortisol’ Could be useful for the January blues?
2. Eases pain, especially back pain and arthritis – just ask Amanda’s Mum – she can play golf again!
3. Improves sleep due to it’s effects on the delta brain wave pattern associated with deep sleep. Our clients would definitely confirm that!
4. Boosts immunity by increasing the number of white blood cells
5. Reduces PMS symptoms including pain, bloating and mood swings
6. Improves alertness (though probably not whilst you are having it done!)
7. Reduces the number of tension headaches and migraines in sufferers
8. Your skin loves it! It increases blood flow & lymphatic drainage giving you plumped up radiant skin.
9. Massage relieves the symptoms associated with serious illness including cancer – All of the cancer patients we have on our books will agree
So, officially, regular massage is good for you! But you already knew that didn’t you?
Need to book yours? Call 01342 842098 or go to the link below for further details
We are always looking for natural treatments to enhance your wellbeing, so when we heard there was a natural, painless way to lift and rejuvenate you face we had to find out more.
This amazingly relaxing massage is a unique blend of highly effective techniques drawn from Anma Japanese and Indian Ayurvedic origins. The massage combines accupressure, lymphatic drainage and facial reflexology.
The stresses, strains and pollution of modern living, combined with the aging process tells on the delicate facial skin. But what if you dont want to take the surgery or fillers option? Well, now you have a natural, holistic option.
The comments and feedback we have had from our lucky volunteers of the last 10 days include –
Highly recommended- Gilly Sweeting
Just heavenly and my skin feels amazing- Jayne Quinn
At my age, I didnt think it would be possible to see such an improvement! – our most mature client, Barbara, (72years young)
We will have a video to show you very shortly, just as soon as our video editor gets his finger out (sometimes he finds it hard to keep up with the demand)!
Book today on 07917 730 944 or 01342 842 098
HOW ABOUT THE MINI NATURAL FACIAL NOW AVAILABLE FOR PAMPER PARTIES!!
BOOK YOUR PAMPER EVENT TODAY